UUCB members and groups, and groups from the Pacific Central District are welcome at Freestone Retreat. Follow these easy steps to reserve your space today!
- First, check the Freestone Reservations Calendar to view available dates.
- Download the rental application. You may print a blank form, complete it and mail it to the church, or fill in the form online and click 'Submit Form' to email it directly to the reservation desk. Once payment of the security deposit has been paid, you will receive confirmation of your reservation.
- Your confirmation will be sent by email along with instructions for picking up keys, checking in and checking out.
For individuals and families:
- Base rate of $40.00 per night
- $ 20.00 per Adult per night
- $ 15.00 per Youth (ages 12-18) per night; no charge for children under age 12. Youth groups must be accompanied by two responsible adults.
- Base rate of $40.00 per night
- $ 15.00 per Adult per night
- $ 10.00 per Youth (ages 12-18) per night; no charge for children under age 12. Youth groups must be accompanied by two responsible adults.
Security Deposits are:
- $ 100.00 per family
- $ 200.00 for groups over 5 persons
All fees are due and payable in advance of your occupancy.
If you have questions that aren't answered in our literature, please contact us by phone at (510) 525-0302, ext 302, or you can email your questions to us.
Worship at UUCB
Sundays in February
September—May Worship at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m.
Summer Worship at 10:00 a.m. May 16 - August 31
Feburary’s Theme: “Love”
THE KING'S BRIDE - An intergenerational Worship Service which is designed to be a soap opera of how to find 'true love' and points out that 'love' and 'drama' often go hand in hand. By looking at the struggle for love in the kingdom, a king and the good people of the land learn a lot about themselves, each other, and the importance of love. QUESTION: What about love do we learn when we strip off all the drama often found within romance?
February 8 (One service at 11:00 a.m.)
HERE IF YOU NEED ME - Have you ever been needed by someone who was facing an unthinkable situation - one in which it seemed like the universe was unbearably cruel and unkind - and were afraid to show up because you knew not what to say? And yet, you had to show up, because the love you felt for the person made it unthinkable to stay away? What is it that allows us to say, "I'm here if you need me" and what do you bring with you when they call?
Congregational Meeting in the Social Hall immediately following the service.
THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF TRUE LOVE - Valentine’s Day, at least as it's described by Hallmark, is filled with swooning and fawning, batting eyes, and falling in love. But what happens after the card has been read, kisses have been shared, and all the candy hearts have been finished off? That's when we get to see if the love we worked for is the love that's true. QUESTION: What is 'true love' and how does it differ from the schmaltzy, commercialized, 'Hallmark' understanding of love?
Bob Miess, Ministerial Settlement Representative (MSR) from the Pacific Central District, preaches on how to find the next settled minister.
Sundown Meditation Service
Begin or end your week with a Sundown Meditation Service. This is a great way to reinforce this spiritual practice with others in the Fireside room as we silently contemplate the sun slipping behind the mountains. Note that times vary with sunset:
- Jan 18 5:00
- Jan 25 5:15
- Feb 1 5:15
- Feb 8 5:30
- Feb 15 5:30
- Feb 22 5:45
- Mar 1 5:45
- Mar 8 7:00 PDT
- Mar 15 7:00 TBD
- Mar 22 7:15
- Mar 29 7:15
Questions? More information? Please email Suzanne Yada.
Book Your Event
- UUCB Transition Team
- Upcoming Events
- Beacon and Pathways Newsletters
- Directions to UUCB
- Donate Today!
- Freestone Retreat
- Governance at UUCB
- History of UUCB
- Mosaics at UUCB
- Site Map
- Taking Care of Our House